You’re probably familiar with Kiwi fruit. They’re unique fruits with fuzzy greenish-brown skin and bright green or golden flesh. Not only is this fruit soft in texture and just the perfect amount of sweet, but their often sold at most grocery stores.
If your craving to know more about this delicious little fruit keep reading🥝
When to Buy Kiwi
- Kiwi should be bought when they are firm but give to pressure.
- Hard kiwi will be sour or tart to the taste.
- Avoid kiwi that is too soft, wrinkled, or bruised.
Where to Store it
- Keep this fruit away from sun or heat.
- You can speed up the ripening process by putting kiwis in a paper bag with an apple, banana, or pear. This ripening tip can also be used for other unripened fruit.
- Ripe kiwi can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to Eat it
- You can eat the skin of kiwi fruit (just be sure to rub off the fuzz first) as the skin from the fruit often contains many nutrients.
- You can either slice kiwi or eat it like an apple
- Experiment with kiwi in fruit salads, topping to yogurt, chopped up in a salsa, or drizzled with honey for a sweet treat after a long day.
Why Kiwi is Good for You
- It’s packed full of vitamin C which keeps your immune system strong and can help your body heal quickly.
- Fiberful which means you’ll be on track to healthy digestion and feeling full for longer too!
The great things about these fruits are that there isn’t a wrong way to enjoy them! With summer just around the bend don’t shy away from a spoon full of kiwi!
Tip: You can easily peel kiwi with a spoon! Just check out the picture above on how to 🥝🥄