Finding an exercise routine that works for you can be difficult. Sometimes spin classes or running fail to motivate and give you the enjoyment you may be looking for when it comes to workouts. Although swimming may seem like more of a hassle than any other workout, it could be the best exercise you didn’t know you were missing.
Keep reading to find out why swimming stands apart from other exercises.
- Not just good for your body, but also your brain.
- Spending time in and around water has been found to be comparable to meditation. Why? Because it calms you and provides an escape from the constant overstimulation people often experience in modern life. All it takes is a quick swim and you’ll be reaping some great cognitive benefits.
- Swimming is low impact.
- Although running, jogging, and plyometric training is ways to get your cardio in. They can put stress on your bones, joints, and muscles over time. Swimming eliminates the risk of these types of injuries and stresses. Additionally, swimming is perfect for people of all ages and body types, and particularly beneficial for people who experience arthritis.
- Build strength and cardio abilities.
- Swimming is a powerful workout that not only is low-impact but returns incredible results to you as the swimmer. Although it is an aerobic exercise, water also produces moderate resistance. Which in turn helps build strength simultaneously with cardio. Swimming, in other words, is a full body workout that requires minimal equipment.
- Maintain healthy lungs.
- Some research has suggested that there is a link between active swimmers and better lung capacity. With healthier lungs, your body is better able to process oxygen and can stronger lungs could help protect you from illness.
With the perfect swimming weather right at your doorstep, why not consider a quick dip in the pool? It’s the perfect workout for those looking for an exercise that doesn’t feel like one.