Food wellness is an often forgotten component when it comes to corporate wellness programs. With adults in the US spending a majority of their waking hours in the office or on work-life related activities this can have a major impact on their day to day lives.
Providing employees with healthy and nutritional food will have major long and short- term benefits on their wellness in your workplace. It can also help to improve employees health which in turn provides them with the energy needed for finishing tasks and assignments. Not only are food wellness initiatives relatively low-cost but easy to implement.
Below you’ll find a few initiatives that can promote healthy eating in the office:
- Conduct a survey to identify what type of snacks employees prefer.
- Have a “lunch-n-learn” to conduct a discussion of healthy eating habits at work.
- Replace unhealthy office food with nutritious and colorful options, like fruit and veggies.
- Encourage a real lunch break.
- Substitute high sodium snacks in your vending machine inventory with high nutritional snacks.
One of the key ways to improve your office wellness is to focus on nutrition and healthy food options. If you’re looking for a company to help your office get started towards a healthier wellness program check out our services offered at http://www.snackittome.com/ !