With spring having finally arrived what’s better than enjoying a nice sweet strawberry as the days grow warmer?
Strawberries not only make wonderful snacks but offer health benefits that make you want to incorporate them into every part of your diet!
Keep reading to find out 5 of the primary health benefits strawberries can give to you!🍓
- Antioxidants: In comparison to other fruit, strawberries rank fourth for fruits that contain antioxidants. This is important to note because these substances are important for cleansing your body of toxins. Consuming antioxidants can prevent or delay certain types of cell damage and have shown in studies to be a helpful source in preventing and fighting cancers.
- Blood Sugar: Sugars bad, a fact most people are aware of. Consuming large quantities of granulated or table sugar can cause a negative spike in your blood sugar. However, according to some researchers, they found that strawberries have a unique ability to help stabilize these negative spikes. Estimations say that one cup of fresh strawberries can help to significantly reduce elevated blood sugar levels.
- Reducing Inflammation: Research has found that eating strawberries as a normal part of your diet can be helpful in reducing inflammatory markers such as the C-reactive protein. In other words, potentially less dependence on anti-inflammatory drugs or a helpful and delicious aid to help alongside them.
- Cardiovascular Health: Researchers have also found that strawberries can help reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases due to their high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances.
- Cognitive Function: According to some researchers, strawberries may even help to improve cognitive function.
So if you aren’t already sprinting to the nearest fruit stand or grocery store. Consider slowly making strawberries apart of your daily diet, because what’s better than food that offers health benefits?