When it comes to picking a company many factors play a part in a job seeker’s decision. One way to make sure your company is ranked highly is to have the perks your employees need or want. Office perks should range in categories such as fitness and wellness. Highlighting the right perks can make your company stand out for all the right reasons. Not sure where to start building out your perks? Keep reading our list of 30 awesome perks that everyone at your company will love and job seekers will be lining up to become part of your company!
Free and low-cost Perks
1. Donation Matching
- When it comes to perks that give back this is the one to have! Donation matching allows employees to donate to an eligible nonprofit organization and then that donation is matched by the corporation.
2. Early Fridays
- Fridays should be renamed FriYays! This perk is great when it comes to accommodating the work-life balance of employees.
3. Subsidize Transportation
- Getting to work can be both difficult and expensive. This is the perk to go with if you have a lot of employees who commute or offer free parking if you tend to have a lot of employees who drive to work each and every day.
4. Provide Caffeine
- You can’t go wrong with caffeine! Wake up your team the right way by offering some form of caffeine bar or coffee selection to keep everyone perked up.
5. Offer Flex Time
- Sometimes one-size-fits-all schedules don’t actually fit your employee’s lives. Flextime is a great benefit because it takes the stress away from conflicts that arise in employees’ everyday lives.
6. No Dress Code
- This doesn’t mean your employees are going to work every day in leggings with a hoodie. The no dress code perk allows employees to dress in a way that gives the right amount of comfort and confidence to tackle everyday feeling the best they can be!
7. Appreciation Budgets
- Set aside a budget for your team specifically for appreciation. This fund can be used for team outings or for highlighting an employee’s accomplishments.
8. Make Your Office Green
- Add plants such as pathos and aloe to make your office brighter, cozier, and cleaner. These plants are natural air purifiers so everyone on your team can breathe in some fresh air.
9. Free SWAG
- Give employees free swag such as hats, backpacks, jackets etc. with the company’s branding. Your team will love the free products and this perk is great for the company as it also gives them more visibility.
10. Mentor Programs
- Give your new hires the running start they need by offering a mentorship program. New hires will have the opportunity to work with experienced coworkers to learn all the skills necessary to exceed at their position!
- Who could ever say no to massages? This perk is a great way to ease the stress out of your team and after long hours in a stationary position, this is a great way to relieve muscle tension and give sore muscles the attention they deserve.
12. Stress Management
- Mental health is important and learning how to manage stress is one way to make sure your team is feeling the best they can even in overwhelming situations.
13. Gym Membership
- A healthy team is the best team! This should be a top choice for any company to offer. This perk can be offered by having an in-office gym or offering reimbursement or discounts for employee’s individual gym memberships.
- Poor posture can lead to permanent long-term issues. Today we live a very stationary life, especially in the office, fix that by offering your team a standing desk which can also come attached to a treadmill to give your team a great way to get their steps in!
15. Offer Discounts
- Have a list of places that range from food to entertainment that your company has a partnership with so you can offer your team some great discounts.
16. Napping Pods
- This is a dream perk (literally) offer your team napping pods that help them get some shut-eye while on the job. This is a great perk to offer to have your team feel refreshed and ready to power through the rest of their shift.
17. New Hire Welcome Packages
- Make your new hires feel welcomed with a swag bag of branded apparel and other goodies to make your new employee excited and feel apart of the team right from the start.
18. In-Office Daycare
- It’s hard to leave the kids at home so why not bring them with! This is a great perk for any parent to not only have their little ones close by but to also have only one stop to make on their daily commute.
- Give your team a break with some great games such as ping pong, pool, chess, you name it. Having 15 mintues to unwind with a fellow coworker may just be what your team is looking for to get to work feeling refreshed.
- Give your team some peace and tranquility by bringing yoga to the office. This a great perk that can be offered at different times throughout the day to get your team moving and refreshed and ready to focus.
Best of the Best Perks
21. Unlimited Vacation
- This is a top tier perk for any company to have. This perk is a great way to offer the work-life balance many employees look for in companies large and small. Unlimited vacation is a benefit no employee would ever turn down.
22. Healthcare Insurance
- Keeping your team healthy should be a high priority for any company which is why offering healthcare insurance is incredibly important. Everyone gets sick or needs a check-up providing insurance that takes the hassle and worries about medical payments is a great benefit to any team.
23. Free Healthy Snacks
- Donuts aren’t the way to employees’ hearts especially not in the long term. Provide a range of healthy snacks and drinks so everyone is getting nutritional food that can give them the energy they need to get through a long day at the office. Luckily your on a site that specializes specifically in healthy office food!
24. Free Happy Hour
- It’s time to let loose with the office booze cart! Offering an office happy hour is a great way to help your team unwind and bond with a quick drink right in the office. Pick a day of the week (we suggest Friday) to get your team in the mood for the weekend and a way to celebrate a week of hard work.
25. Pet Friendliness
- This perk is in the best of the best list because who doesn’t love dogs! Providing this perk is fun for the whole office as dogs are a great way to relieve stress and allows pet owners to stay with their furry friends all day.
26. Paid Volunteer Time
- This perk is great for the company and employees not only does it allow employees to get out of the office to do something good but this perk also allows the company to up their charitable giving.
27. Student Loan Repayment
- With each new generation comes more and more student debt. If your company can afford it set up a student loan repayment program so employees can excel without a dark cloud of debt hanging over their heads.
28. Team Building Classes
- A company is built by teams so making sure all your teams get along well should be a main priority for your company. Offer team building classes so everyone has the skills to contribute what’s necessary to the team.
29. Sick Bank
- This office perk offers a great opportunity for any employee who needs more sick days than they have accumulated. A sick bank allows employees to donate any extra sick days they have to another employee who may need it. This perk is a benefit that any employee would be thankful for especially if they have been diagnosed with something that requires long term treatment.
30. Team Outings
- Team bonding should never be an area that gets overlooked at the office. Make your office a force to be reckoned with awesome outings that gets everyone together to create the bonds that make employees want to stay with your company.
When employees are looking for a company to work for having awesome office perks is one way to make that decision a bit easier. Keep your office benefits focused on what fits your companies budget and what fits your employee’s needs and wants. Although it would be incredible to offer everything on this list pick and chose what’s realistic for the company and your team. You can’t go wrong with any of these perks.